Monday, October 27, 2008

Story revised and continued... Based off of a song

Your scent lingers on my skin. I'm helpless. Sitting on the edge of the bed you sing to me, your fingers brush the guitar strings. I watch. My eyes trace the guitar, your hands, your arms, your neck. They land on your lips where they linger before meeting up with your grey eyes. I wince, and find the bittersweet song slipping from my lips.
You stand up and edge closer, I curl up tighter. My body is rigid while yours moves with such fluidity that I am forced to close my eyes. I feel the heat of your body as you sit down next to me. I hear you lay the guitar down on the wooden floor, feel the bed shift as you lay down. I am consumed by you.
You have to know I saw it. The image is burned in my mind. And when I asked you where you had been, you told me your sister's, but we both know better. That pain. Oh what they say is true. So just try to ignore all the blood on the floor, it's just this heart on my sleeve that's bleeding.
And kiss her again, just to prove to me that you can. And I will sit here. And Burn in my Skin.

No comments: